In mourning about Steve Irwin our Crocodile Hunter

You find topics about travel reports, country and people, plants and animals, planning your holiday, sports. Everything concerning Australia.
Markus
Site Admin
Site Admin

In mourning about Steve Irwin our Crocodile Hunter

Post by Markus »

In mourning about the death of Steve Irwin who became famous as "Crocodile Hunter", i open this topic.

Steve Irwin was killed by a Short-tail stingray during a movie take.

As a fan of Australia I know Steve from the television and I followed a lot of his activities. Under his management the Australia Zoo achieved improvements in animal protection. But outside Australia he saved animal-lives, too.

There are reviewers being offended at his movie methods that Steve overacted his films. Ok, it was spectacular. But didn't he gave us a new understanding of these animals?

I will never forget Steve and his great work.

Due to the overload of the Australia Zoos website I post a copy the most important article here:
The World’s Original Wildlife Warrior
Tribute to Steve Irwin the world's original wildlife warrior

Australia Zoo and Wildlife Warriors Worldwide are today in mourning for a beloved friend and respected leader. The global response to the loss of Steve Irwin and the public outpouring of empathy we have received has been overwhelming, and a significant comfort to those of us who knew him. This is not just a loss for us, but for a planet full of people who loved him so well, and for the world’s precious wildlife that he laid his life on the line to protect.

Steve was a true original; he brought energy and passion to everything he did. Whether it was performing groundbreaking crocodile research on board his vessel Croc One, filming wildlife documentaries or simply celebrating his children’s birthdays, Steve didn’t do anything by half. A hard-core Wildlife Warrior and dedicated family man, Steve did for conservation and education what no one had ever done before. He brought wildlife conservation right into people’s living rooms and created a whole new generation of Wildlife Warriors.

The exceptional life Steve led is a testament to his respect for all creatures great and small, and his passion for wildlife was matched only by his passion for family life.

We here at Australia Zoo offer our heartfelt thanks on behalf of the Irwin family for your condolences and kind words. Many people have expressed a desire to donate to Wildlife Warriors Worldwide in memory of Steve. All donations will be greatly appreciated and applied directly to saving animals in the wild. Steve’s legacy will live on in the continuation of his life’s work.

How do I make a donation?
The family wishes to advise that all donations go to Wildlife Warriors Worldwide LTD
Email: By sending an email to donations@wildlifewarriors.org
Phone: +61 7 5436 2026
Mail: Cheque made payable to Wildlife Warriors to PO Box 29, Beerwah QLD 4519
Any ANZ Bank:
Donations can also be made to any ANZ Bank to the
Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors Worldwide LTD - A Tribute to Steve Irwin Account
Further information:

kathap
Lachender Hans / Dacelo gigas

Waltzing Matilda

Post by kathap »

Waltzing Matilda

That beautiful song was Australia to me
before "Crocodile Hunter" aired on TV

He was crazy, brash, exuberant and fun
I never saw another do what he'd done

A pioneer in his field, a man with fight
he brought a gorgeous Australia to sight

So full of dedication, enthusiasm and grit
for the sanctity of wildlife--his passion was lit

For the land and the animals his purpose was filled
yet I think too soon his bright, helping spirit was stilled

He cried for that which moved him and all that he loved
for the critters, his family on earth and his mother above

When I think of his passing I can scarce breathe
while I pray for his loved ones, as the world grieves

As tears fill my eyes so that I can not see
would someone play "Waltzing Matilda" for me

...Thank you Steve Irwin, and family...

~~*~~

Copyright 2006 Kathy Pippig Harris

Markus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Markus »

Hello kathap,

thanks for your words.

kathap

Post by kathap »

Markus,

You are most welcome!!! I am, at this moment, watching on television Steve Irwin's memorial. I am in tears... Such a loss. Thank you for allowing me to post my poem as a tribute to him.

Regards,
Kathy Pippig Harris

Markus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Markus »

Hi,

kathap, you and everybody are allways invited to post your feelings. This is as a matter of course.

For all who can't be there, some links about the memorial service at the Australia Zoo last night:

Bindi shines at Irwin's memorial service
Fond farewell to a "true natural"
The memorial service (movie)
Bindi's moving message (movie)