Renovation works finished for the 10-year anniversary

Announcements and information by the webmaster
Markus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Renovation works finished for the 10-year anniversary

Post by Markus »

Hi,

the renovation works are completed with the reorganization of my website for 10-year 0-year anniversary. In the course of the last years have I re-worked under large expenditure all topics in contents and design. Completely new added in this year was the article about the history of Australia. The gallery of the pictures of my Australia trip in 1997 in which descriptions and titles of the photographs are now included was formed completely new.

I expect that the re-worked design responds and the re-worked contents of course also address you.

The idea of an own Web site came in the middle of the 1990th. Since 1993, I had found much required information which were freely in the WWW. It was difficult enough to receive an internet entrance not to mention an own web site already. For "surfing" in the WWW, the possibility only consisted in the university of Wuppertal. I found finally a provider in 1996 and now I could surfe in the WWW from at home - with my ultimative 16K modem. It was then in November 1996 so far. My provider (as the first at all) privides the availability for customers for their own webspace. That was the birth of the Web site "The Experience: Australia". At this time I had the technical possibilities to give something back to the internet community from which I had received so much.

10 years meanwhile passed by and in this case, my offer constantly increased. I still transmitted the rise and setting times of the sun and the moon manually onto the webserver many years. From now on they are computed automaticaly on the server for a long time. It is incredible, as itself the medium internet developed in the last 10 years and since the beginning of the 1960th.

After 10 years, I am proudly to present you a website as a website that what it is. I would like to give information about Australia to people who have fun with Australia without commercial background.

In November 2006 we can celebrate the 10-year anniversary.
[smilie=fete004.gif] [smilie=fete002.gif]